Slovenia

Metlika Live Cam, Slovenia

by on Sep.05, 2016, under Cams, Slovenia

GD Star Rating
loading...
GD Star Rating
loading...

Nice, neat and small Metlika – the first Slovenian town, which began my acquaintance with Slovenia and the region of Bela Krajina. The area is really beautiful with its nature, the proximity of the river and the Adriatic Sea. It is good for those who value peace, silence, nature.

The town of Metlika – a place for retirees and for those who want a few days away from the bustle of big cities and lead your nerves in order.

According to the 2002 census, Catholics make up 57.8% of the population, the Orthodox – 2.3%, Muslims – 2.4%, Protestants – 0.8% (Union of Baptist Churches in Slovenia, the Slovenian Union of Pentecostal Churches, Adventists).

Leave a Comment more...

Medvode Live Cam, Slovenia

by on Sep.05, 2016, under Cams, Slovenia

GD Star Rating
loading...
GD Star Rating
loading...

Medvode – the city and the community in the west central part of Slovenia. Located at the confluence of the rivers Sava and Sora, hence the name of the city, which means in translation from Slovenian “between the waters”.

The city is located 12 km north-west of the capital, Ljubljana. the community has a population of 14,161 people, the population of the city – 4,655 people. Area communities – 77.6 km².

According to the 2002 census, Catholics make up 57.8% of the population, the Orthodox – 2.3%, Muslims – 2.4%, Protestants – 0.8% (Union of Baptist Churches in Slovenia, the Slovenian Union of Pentecostal Churches, Adventists).

Leave a Comment more...

Dragatush Live Cam, Slovenia

by on Sep.05, 2016, under Cams, Slovenia

GD Star Rating
loading...
GD Star Rating
loading...

Dragatush is a village south of Črnomelj in the White Carniola area of southeastern Slovenia. The area is part of the traditional region of Lower Carniola and is now included in the Southeast Slovenia Statistical Region.

Dragatush was attested in historical sources in 1352 as Dragotusch (and as Dragatusch in 1402, Draganntutsch in 1490, and Dragotws in 1593). The name is derived from the Slavic personal name *Dragotušъ or *Dragotuxъ, presumably referring to an early resident of the place. In the past the village was known as Dragatusch in German.

The local parish church is dedicated to John the Baptist (Slovene: sveti Janez Krstnik) and belongs to the Roman Catholic Diocese of Novo Mesto. It was built in 1858, but was destroyed during the Second World War, when the village was bombed in a German air raid on May 5, 1944.

Leave a Comment more...

Page 1 of 41234